What to do if you have fallen victim to a crime?
When you have fallen victim to a crime you must notify the police as soon as possible and act according to the instructions of the police.
You can notify the police about a crime:
- by calling the free short code at 112 (NB - your conversation will be recorded!)
- by going to the nearest police prefecture, department or station;
- the police react to all calls as soon as possible, and at the same time they always attend to calls which demand quick reaction, such as:
- if the crime was committed right before notifying the police and the perpetrators have not got far from the scene;
- the crime is currently in process;
- it is a serious offence against the person, etc.
On the scene:
- try to keep the scene as untouched as possible until the police arrive;
- remember or write down the data of the possible suspects and witnesses and give them to the police;
- pay attention and tell the police about all your suspicions.
The sooner you notify the police and the better the crime scene is preserved, the likelier it is that the criminals are identified and their guilt proven!